Los Angeles based tech advisor, senior software engineer, entrepreneur, traveler, author, & animal lover
WHAT I DO
Internet consultant with 25 years experience. I am available for remote projects and contracts as a Chief Technology Consultant, Tech Advisor, & Senior Engineer. I can attend office meetings in the metro Los Angeles area.
Books I've Written
The book Disregarded Entity: Lessons Learned by a 15 Year Freelancer is a collection of lessons, methods, and stories from Ryan's 15 years as a self-employed small business owner.
Technologies I use
- Django Framework
- Cloud servers: AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Blockchain technologies: Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric
- NFT Generation
- Databases: Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android
- Connected TV: Roku Brightscript
- Linux distributions: Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS
My Spotlight Services
- Acted as consultant for outside business analysis and support
- Lead Engineer and manager for local startup's front end developers
- Developed official websites for several Fox Searchlight & 20th Century Fox films
- Managed offshore developers, designers, and assistants (India, Vietnam, Hungary, Cambodia, Philippines)
- Managed, developed, and maintained countless websites from idea to finish
- Created streaming channels for Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Opera TV.
- Setup Doubleclick For Publishers accounts to handle OTT/CTV advertising for streaming channels
- Automated trending stock news and information to better instantly equip Day Traders
- Automated reporting to alert when stock watchlists cross Moving average convergence divergence (MACD) lines
- Worked with APIs for SMS text messages, IVR, Vimeo, Youtube, Bitcoin, and more
Created in 2001, VersusMedia helps independent filmmakers and musicians work together, and broadcasts films and music videos on connected TV devices.
I enjoy making wine in my spare time. I have experience in vineyards with pruning and harvesting grapes. I also crush, ferment, press, age, and bottle my own amateur wines.