Los Angeles based senior software engineer, executive consultant, entrepreneur, traveler, author, & animal lover
WHAT I DO
Internet consultant with 25 years experience. I am available for remote projects and contracts as a Chief Technology Consultant, Project Manager, & Senior Engineer. I can attend office meetings in the metro Los Angeles area.
Books I've Written
The book Disregarded Entity: Lessons Learned by a 15 Year Freelancer is a collection of lessons, methods, and stories from Ryan's 15 years as a self-employed small business owner.
Technologies I use
- Django Framework
- Cloud servers: AWS, Digital Ocean, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Blockchain technologies: Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric
- NFT Generation
- Databases: Postgres, MySQL, MariaDB
- Mobile platforms: iOS, Android
- Connected TV: Roku Brightscript
- Linux distributions: Ubuntu, Redhat, CentOS
Mandarin Chinese Proficiency 中文普通话
6+ years training with ongoing proficiency advancement. Taken several solo immersion trips to Chinese cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Qingdao, Yantai, Kunming, and Mile.
My Spotlight Services
- Acted as consultant for outside business analysis and support
- Lead Engineer and manager for local startup's front end developers
- Developed official websites for several Fox Searchlight & 20th Century Fox films
- Managed offshore developers, designers, and assistants (India, Vietnam, Hungary, Cambodia, Philippines)
- Managed, developed, and maintained countless websites from idea to finish
- Created streaming channels for Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Opera TV.
- Setup Doubleclick For Publishers accounts to handle OTT/CTV advertising for streaming channels
- Automated trending stock news and information to better instantly equip Day Traders
- Automated reporting to alert when stock watchlists cross Moving average convergence divergence (MACD) lines
- Worked with APIs for SMS text messages, IVR, Vimeo, Youtube, Bitcoin, and more
I enjoy making wine in my spare time. I have experience in vineyards with pruning and harvesting grapes. I also crush, ferment, press, age, and bottle my own amateur wines.